Hanging out with your friends, drinking a beer, and firing some delicious burgers on your grill is probably the best thing about summer. But the clean up can often be a pain unless that is, you were using a grill mat. The Yoshi Copper Grill Mat may be the answer to your prayers, and this Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review will help you figure out if it's worth your money.
If you are grilling without the use of a mat or even aluminum foil, cleaning up can be the most annoying thing ever, especially if you do not clean your grill right after using it. Leaving fat and food sit on your grill will cause it to gunk up and make the process even more troublesome.
So using some grill mat is generally a good idea, but will it yield the same results?
Yoshi Copper Grill Mat Review
The Yoshi Copper Grill Mat offers an easier way to grill your food. By featuring a non-stick, copper infused surface, your food will not only taste great but slide right off without any hassle. Whether you are cooking vegetables, fish, steak, or burgers, this mat can handle whatever you throw at it.
Because this is a grill mat, it does feature a Teflon surface, which means you should not heat it back 500 degrees. Doing so can ruin the coating and integrity of the mat. However, seeing that most grilling is done at 400 degrees, this should not be that big of an issue.
By using this grill mat, you can be sure that nothing will slip through the cracks of your grill when cooking. That can save a ton of time when cleaning, as getting down into the nitty-gritty parts of your grill is often rather tricky. When cooking fish, this is a common issue and using aluminum foil, which often tears, is not always the best solution.
The mat here in this Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review is also big enough that it allows for multiple food items to be grilling at the same time, without crowding. That way, you can spread out your food, without the fear of the oils or marinades dripping down, which also eliminates the event of a flare-up.
When you are done, you can either hand wash these mats, or throw them in the dishwasher. Because these are dishwasher safe, it makes cleaning up one of the most manageable parts about grilling.
- 100% non stick - food slides right off!
- Contains 2 mats for grilling and/or baking - each measure 15. 75" x 13"
- Infused with real Copper, PFOA free and can withstand heat up to 500 degrees
- Reusable and reversible, you can even cut to fit!
- Dishwasher safe or wipe clean
Why Is Copper Important?
The copper, which is the critical part of this Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review, is also one the best things about these mats. Copper cookware has a reputation for giving you excellent temperature control. That is very important when grilling because if your food gets too hot; it can effectively ruin the dish.
This is also important when cooking with a non-stick surface, like these mats feature. As we said before, if these mats exceed 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the Teflon surface could disintegrate. Not only does this ruin your awesome grilling mats, but it can also lead to health problems in humans and birds.
The Teflon surface is also free of any PFOA, or perfluorooctanoic acid. PFOA has an FDA classification as a human carcinogen and is a chemical used in the process of making PTFE, which is the Teflon material. However, the result of Teflon never contains any PFOA, so there is no need to worry.
Not to mention, it is also completely BPA free.
These copper infused mats make it so you can better control the temperature at which you are cooking — ensuring that your grill and Yoshi Copper Grill Mat never get too hot.
Also, the heat conducting copper ensures that your food will get those excellent grill marks and the browning. Making sure that you get the same, if not better results when using the mat than you would when using the grill alone.
A Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review should help you get a better look at what to expect with these mats. By looking through the Amazon customer reviews of this product, it is easy to see that people seem to love it.
Collectively, customers have given the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat a 3.8 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. The top positive review credits these mats for staying clean and being easily washed. Many other reviews love these for the results they get when cooking.
However, not everything is perfect, and it would not be a very good Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review if the downsides were not included.
With the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat, there do seem to be some consistencies with some complaints. Specifically, the grill marks that Yoshi claims these mats still provide. Many reviews and customer comments have mentioned that while they can control the heat and cook the food just fine, those grill marks do not show up at all.
While this is not particularly important when it comes to the taste of the food, many grillmasters look for those marks to determine the quality of the protein. They have become a staple of the grilling industry, and without those marks, it feels like something is missing.
A slight disappointment, but not necessarily a deal breaker. Just something you should take into consideration.
Yoshi Copper Grill Mat Review: The Other Products
Yoshi, while not a massive name in grilling, does have multiple products available for them. When it comes to grill mats, there are only two that they have available on Amazon. The products they have available are the Copper mats, which we have here for our Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review, and standard grill mats.
This will help to give you a baseline for where the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat stands concerning Yoshi's other products.
Yoshi Grill Baking Mat Set
No products found.
The Yoshi Grill Baking Mat set features two, non-stick, BPA and PFOA free mats. With the same features as the copper version, minus the addition of a copper surface, these will work about the same. However, the addition of a specific baking mat is exclusive to this set.
They have a 3.9 out of 5.0-star rating on Amazon, and customers receive these well overall. Ultimately, it seems like the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat is the upgraded version of their original grilling mats, as you can use them on the grill or oven as you need.
How We Reviewed
While we have not personally tried these mats out, you can be sure that all of the information here is accurate and thorough. This is because we take data from multiple accredited sources, including their Amazon product page, quality reviews, and the product site as well.
We want to make sure that this Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review gives you all the information you need to make the right decision, and transparency is vital.
Who Should Get These Mats?
Grillmasters, of course! If you are the type of person who is continuously grilling but dreads the cleanup part of it, you should seriously consider the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat.
Grilling is great, but going through rolls of tin foil in an attempt to keep things cleaner is annoying. Why go through the hassle when you can buy these and toss them in the dishwasher when you're done with your cooking? Not only will these make your grilling experience easier, but you will also get similar, if not the same results.
Are you into baking? These also work there as well. Never have to worry about lining your tray with foil again.
Just place these mats on the tray, put your food right on there, and you are done. They can even be cut down to fit a specific size, so you do not have to worry about overlapping or overhanging. These might be your new favorite cooking accessory.
It wouldn't be a proper Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review if we didn't give you products to compare this one to. We found two of the highest rated grilling mats on Amazon to pit the Yoshi to. But who will come out on top?
Now, this is also a very limited market, so the differences will be minimal if any at all. Most likely, you will see only slight changes in features, and not much else. Nevertheless, some are better than others.
Kona Best BBQ Grill Mat
No products found.
The Kona Grill Mat claims to be the only 600-degree peak temperature, PFOA free grilling mat. They also claim to be four times thicker than the Yoshi, calling them out by name. Besides, they offer a seven-year warranty, in case anything happens to them.
These have a 4.4 out of 5.0-star rating on Amazon and a badge for Amazon's choice. They are dishwasher safe, and reusable. However, multiple reviews have said that the mats develop holes after a few uses.
They also do not mention anything about those glorious grill-marks, which is a bummer.
- NEW WINTER SALE! Stock up now and save a bundle with our Kona grill and baking mat sale. These grill accessories are unique bbq gifts men & barbecue lovers truly enjoy. Also Try The Kona XL Grill Mat, Covers An Entire 4 Burner Grill.
- FAR MORE SUPERIOR than other grill mats. The one and only 600 DEGREE Peak Temperature PFOA free BBQ grill and smoke mat.
- KONA IS THE THICKEST at 0.39mm. That is 4X Thicker Than Yoshi grill mat and 2X Thicker Than Miracle grill mat. Kona non stick grill mats can be used over 1,000 uses per side, that's 50 times more uses than ordinary grilling mats, and why they are used by top amateur grillmasters and professional chefs worldwide.
- CLEANLY & EASILY GRILL the juiciest steaks, smoke the tenderest chicken and sautee the thinnest cut vegetables with ease. Forget grill baskets and other accessories! These mats also keep your Weber, Traeger, Char Broil, Kamado, steak grilling pan, etc. looking shiny new.
- BEST OF ALL you automatically get our "No Hassle" 7 year Kona grilling accessories guarantee, which even covers accidental overheating. Scroll down to "Special Offers And Promotions" to save even more money on todays purchase. Then, click "Add to Cart" now!
Kaluns Grill Mat
No products found.
The Kaluns Grill Mat features three non-stick mats that are said to last up to 600 degrees. These dishwasher safe, large mats are reusable and very easy to clean. They also come with a lifetime warranty when you buy.
With a 5.0 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon, it seems like these are the best on the market. However, you should know that one customer only gave that 5-star rating. So while these are cheap, and have a high score, they still do not seem to be very popular.
- CUSTOMIZED TO PERFECTION - Grill Mats that serve the purpose.Our mats are not like any other brand that offers thick mats which dont allow for proper heat circulation. Kaluns grill mats are perfectly balanced, thick enough to provide ultimate heat resistance, durability, and high quality that will last for years, and thin enough to leave grill marks and flavor intact. Grill mats designed with you in mind, to suit your needs!
- GRILL GRATES STAY CLEAN - Never BBQ on a dirty grill grate again, Kaluns Grill Mats keep your Grill Grates looking shiney new. With these mats, firing up a bbq wont leave behind a mess, washing away after a BBQ Dinner will be a breeze! Have fun and Enjoy your BBQ dinner without worrying about cleaning up afterwards.Your grill grates are in good hands-Grill mats keep them clean.
- KALUNS IS THE SAFEST ON THE MARKET - These Premium Grill Mats are made from heavy-duty PTFE coated material which is non-stick and heat resistant up to 600 degree! Our Grill Mats are PFOA free. Kaluns is a brand you can trust, feel secure using our grill mats that are safe for food.
- SIMPLY AND EASILY - A 3 Pack is all you will ever need! Kaluns Mats can be used over and over again, and you will never have to buy another mat in your life!Grill delicious steaks, and smoke up Turkey and chicken on the grill mats clean and open surface.Veggies and Shrimp will easily grill and saute on the grill mat without any pieces getting lost to the grill flames. Greatly convenient - our grill mat is a reusable surface, and an essential accessory every grill lover should own.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - GUARANTEED! - When purchasing Kaluns Grill Mat, You may rest assured that we devote ourselves to provide the best customer service and shopping experience for all of our customers.If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, kindly contact us and we will make sure that you are once again part of our many 100% satisfied customers.
Who Is The Grillmaster?
This Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review is not here to tell you that Yoshi Copper Grill Mats are the best there is. In fact, from the looks of things, the Kona mats may have beat out the Yoshi, at face value anyway.
Yoshi has the advantage of giving you the ever remarkable grill marks, that is if they saying that isn't just a marketing gimmick. After all, some have said that they did not get those grill marks, and some full reviews report the same thing.
But, that being said, Yoshi still has the upper hand by featuring a copper surface. This is a massive advantage over the competition, as copper cookware is probably the best stuff you can buy because Kona and Kaluns do not have that feature, that puts Yoshi back on top!
King Of The Grill
The Yoshi Copper Grill Mat is a pretty great addition to any grill or kitchen, for that matter. The non-stick, copper surface makes for easy cleaning and temperature control. This will undoubtedly make your summer cooking a whole lot easier.
However, if grill marks are an essential part about grilling to you, you may want to be wary. While they may have been individual issues, it does not seem like Yoshi can live up to their claims on this one.
But we want to hear from you. Have you tried out any grill mats, as we feature on the Yoshi Copper Grill Mat review? Let us know about your experiences!